LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ACTION!
The Study Lounge is located right in the middle of St Lucia, one of Brisbane’s loveliest suburbs.
There’s no doubt, the biggest drawcard of The Study Lounge is our proximity to UQ – we’re just 850 metres away!
In fact, our Munro Street student accommodation is just across the road!
That means getting to class and back is a simple matter of walking, or catching a quick bus from your front door if you need to.
We’re only a few kilometres away from the vibrant city of Brisbane as well. Our capital has plenty of great attractions, including the Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA), the Wheel of Brisbane ferris wheel and the beautiful Southbank Parklands with its free swimming pools and barbeques.
We are close to everything
|SCHONELL 77||DISTANCE FROM||MUNRO STREET|
|7 Minutes Walk||University of Queensland||2 Minutes Walk|
|6 Minutes By Bus||Nearest Supermarket||6 Minutes By Bus|
|20 Minutes by Bus||City Centre||22 Minutes by Bus|
|6 Minutes Walk||Ferry Terminal||9 Minutes Walk|
|21 Minutes by Bus||Museums/ Art Gallery||25 Minutes By Bus|
|15 Minutes By Bus||Train Station||15 Minutes By Bus|
|30 Minutes by Ferry||South Bank||30 Minutes by Ferry|
What’s in St Lucia?
It’s also the home of University of Queensland, which is a whole world in itself! Our students who attend UQ love the on-site facilities and community spirit.
St Lucia has lovely river-frontage, plenty of eating options, a local supermarket as well as general amenities such as hairdressers and pharmacies, all nearby.
Getting around St Lucia and Brisbane Transport options
The Translink website has a journey planner where you can easily work out the fastest way to get to your destination, and we’re always happy to assist as well.
20 fun things to do in Brisbane
Even if you stay for years, you won’t run out of fun things to do in and around our great city!
- Go on a clock tower tour up Brisbane City Hall
- Watch the sun rise over Brisbane CBD from Mt Coot-tha
- Night kayaking the wrecks on Moreton Island
- Experience world-class art at QAGOMA
- Dip your toes in Streets Beach at Southbank Parklands
- Visit Eat Street Northshore, the multicultural shipping container markets
- Abseil down the Kangaroo Point Cliffs
- Ride the CityCat and see all the sights of Brisbane from the water
- Hold a koala at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- Get a kangaroo selfie at Lone Pine
- Kayak on the Brisbane River at twilight
- Head to a theatre show at the Brisbane Powerhouse
- Explore the exotic Mt Coot-tha Botanic Gardens
- Take a photo at Wilson’s Outlook
- Join early birds at the Jan Power Farmers’ Markets
- Catch a cricket ball at The Gabba
- See the universe at the Planetarium
- Experience the boutiques and cafe scene of Paddington
- Cycle the city river loop
- Take in the view on the Wheel of Brisbane